Granted, I didn’t have a blog 31 days ago to write about my New Year’s Resolutions, I did write them down on Instagram. You can read them here in depth, but to summarize:
- To read a biography or an autobiography about each First Lady in the US.
- Fitness & Nutrition Goals- be gluten, dairy & soy free. Plus, refrain from sugar 90% of the time. Get in a gallon of water a day.
- Outdoor adventure with the kids.
- Making intentional time to go on more dates with Todd.
- Taking more time to invest in my prayer life & being very intentional with my prayer time.
Here is my update on where I am on January 31, 2019:
1. I am currently reading a combined biography on Martha Washington, Abigail Adams & Dolly Madison. I have read 2 books on Martha Washington, 3 books on Abigail Adams & this is my first book on Dolly Madison. I am trying to determine my next steps after Dolly. Do I read an individual book on Dolly? Do I backtrack & read a book on Thomas Jefferson’s daughter (his wife passed away before he was president)? I am also wanting to add in a historical account of Sally Hemings & her family due to her historical significance in American History; I think it is important that she & her descendants are not left out of my research into Thomas Jefferson’s history.
I know this New Year’s Resolution will span several years & I am enjoying the process. Learning about our nation through the lens of the women who had great power & influence on the men in charge has been a fascinating endeavor so far!
2. I am hit or miss on my gallon of water every day. I’m not usually, but this month has been hard. And I will be honest, I have felt the consequences of it. Staying away from refined sugar has been fine, except I love me some fruit mentos as a snack & I’ve gotten carried away. I refrained from ordering them on my latest grocery haul so I can get the cravings under control. My February goal is to really get my food on point & get back to better organization for meal prep.
Fitness is going well, I am getting in 3 days of strength training but cardio has been hit or miss. My bike trailer & jogging stroller have been out of commission, but they are being repaired & will be up & running this week!
3. Outdoor adventure with the kids is going amazing! I have made it a top priority to be outside with them on a trail on a regular basis. It is obviously harder with the ones who are in school, but it has been happening to the best of my ability. I am most pleased with this resolution’s success!
4. Todd & I have been away for a weekend & on several dates this month. We always have a lot of at home movie nights or we will do a fun takeout after the kids go to bed & eat dinner together, but actually getting a babysitter & leaving the house didn’t happen much the last couple of years. I want to make sure we keep up January’s date night success the month of February!
5. I have been much more intentional with my prayer time for the month of January. I didn’t want to spend 2019 falling asleep while praying, so after the kids go to school I have been making a point of reading the Bible through my She Reads Truth App & then doing my daily prayers. I have felt more at peace with my prayer life this month than I was all last year. For the month of February, I want to add a daily rosary back into my prayer life. A few minutes every day goes a long way!
What were your New Year’s Resolutions & how are they going? Tell me in the comments!